Waggy Welcome Guidelines:
1. Shangri-La Plaza will allow pet dogs to enter the mall guided by the following policies and procedures:
2. Pet dogs and their owners/handlers can enter through any of the mall entrances.
3.To enter the mall, pet owners must present their dog’s latest anti-rabies vaccination record to the security guard at the entrance for verification. The date of the last anti-rabies vaccination should be valid for at least one year from the time of entry. Dogs without updated anti-rabies vaccination records WILL NOT be permitted to enter.
4. Dogs must be hand-carried, leashed or placed in a stroller at all times while inside the mall. Leashes must be no longer than 6 feet and must not be retractable.
5. Each pet dog entering the mall must be accompanied by a dedicated guardian. Pet dogs must be under the guardian’s control at all times and guardians must be responsible for the behavior of their dogs. The guardian should never leave the dog unattended.
6. Escalator Access: All dogs must be hand carried by their guardians when riding the escalator. Dogs exceeding 2 feet in length or height must take a designated elevator.
7. Elevator Access: All dogs must be properly handled by their guardians when inside the elevator. The designated dog elevators are:
· Main Wing: Phase 2 (Mercury Drug side)
· East Wing: North side (Gucci side)
8. Guardians must clean up after their dogs and must provide their own sealed bags or containers for proper waste disposal. These can then be disposed in the nearest restroom.
9. NOT all shops and restaurants allow pets inside their premises. As such, guardians must abide by the store’s pet policy and guidelines. Dogs are also not allowed inside or near the chapel, cinema, breastfeeding rooms, and activity spaces while an event is ongoing.
10. If at any time the management or public safety policies and procedures of the mall determine that the behavior of a dog is a threat to or a disturbance to others, the guardian will be asked to remove the dog from the premises.All dogs must be in compliance with all applicable laws, including laws pertaining to dog licensing, vaccinations and safety precautions.
11. If at any time the management or public safety policies and procedures of the mall determine that the behavior of a dog is a threat to or a disturbance to others, the guardian will be asked to remove the dog from the premises.
12. Any harm or injury caused by the dogs shall be the owner’s sole responsibility.
13. The Anti-Rabies Act of 2007 states that pet owners who do not shoulder the medical expenses of the person bitten by their dog shall be fined Twenty-Five Thousand Pesos (P25,000.00), while pet owners who refuse to put leashes on their dogs when they are brought outside the house shall be fined Five Hundred (P500.00) Pesos for each incident.